BCFG’s central focus is on conducting “mega-studies” with large organizational partners. Mega-studies are large-scale field studies that contain many smaller sub-studies, all run simultaneously and aimed at changing the same outcome (e.g., grades, gym attendance, savings). Mega-studies allow us to A/B test multiple behavioral science strategies designed by our Scientific Team at once, making it possible to identify which strategies work best overall to change behavior for good and for whom.
- Comparability of results across studies
- Can be run as a tournament with interdisciplinary teams
- Fixed costs are borne by BCFG (low marginal costs for scientists)
- Increases likelihood of generating useful insights
- Accelerates pace of scientific discovery relative to the usual “one study at a time”
- Can identify which strategies work best for whom using advanced analytics